WINTER TYRES & LONDON ROADS
If you live in London you must know that, temperatures can drop between 2 and 10°C [35 and 50°F] Just like everything else, this fluctuation in the climate effects the way your car behaves.
Common experiences of driving in cold include:
- Visibility issues: Without headlights it’s impossible to recognize another vehicle passing by.
- Lesser grip: Icy roads make it hard to have complete control over the vehicle.
- Skidding: Slippery path causes the vehicle to skid which can be extremely dangerous.
Keeping in mind the above scenarios, we have the best winter tyres available for you in London region.
REASONS TO CHOOSE US FOR TYRES THIS WINTER
- We only keep reliable brands with a 100% purchase warranty. Each member is highly reputable and if you buy through us, you have the facility to find the best option among so many others.
- We offer a guarantee to our products and you can be sure about the quality, performance and authenticity this range has to offer. This means that only original versions are stocked – with full price transparency.
- FREE fitting and no charges online.
Do you really need special tyres for winter?
The answer depends on your driving pattern and also on the fact if you have to commute in the cold season for work and cover miles everyday. If you are exposed to the harsh weather, these will help you deal with the after effects of low temperatures.
They are designed to withstand the harsh climate changes, protecting you from road hazards. Also when temperatures fall below 7˚C rubber compounds harden meaning that regular version will become less effective in offering grip and traction with the road surface, the net result is longer stopping distances and lower cornering effectiveness. But with a winter make of tyre, the manufacturing is different and is done with a slightly softer compound than standard and also often feature small additional narrow grooves cut into the tread pattern to help grip in snow and ice. When the temperatures fall below vehicle 7˚C the tyre will give better grip, better control & performance.